Sangkolan.com – Many people say that the iPhone has a complicated setup process. Those are not entirely wrong, because indeed there are some steps you have to go through after buying, especially if you are just switching from phone to Android.
However, the settings that need to be done are really useful for device security. Because Apple is known to have strict security measures. And this is very useful for user data security.
Moreover, the obligation of iPhone users to change the device in accordance with the updated iOS regulations causes users to have to migrate and all sorts of problems.
Please note that the operating systems on the iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone 11 to iPhone 12 have an expiration date. the date.
These operating system changes affect features that work on iPhone devices. This means that older iPhone users are required by law to migrate in order to be able to use any iPhone services.
Well, especially for those of you who are buying an iPhone for the first time and haven’t ever worked before, these are some things you need to know.
Although each iPhone model has different features and technologies, the basic operation remains the same. There are simply differences in the name or placement of functions or buttons.
This is a beginner’s guide to using the iPhone.
1. Get to know the iPhone Button
There are several buttons on the iPhone, namely:
- There are 3 buttons on the left side, namely (+)/ (-)/ and switch. The (+) and (-) keys to adjust the speaker volume, and a switch to turn the volume on and off.
- There is a power button on the top of the iPhone.
- On the right side, there is a sleep/wake button to turn the screen on and off.
- Home button on the front side below.
For Screenshots / Screen Capture. Press the Sleep / Wake button and the Home button at the same time. When you press the volume key while the camera is active, the key changes to the shutter key to take a photo.
2. How to install a SIM card
On your first purchase, make sure the SIM card you buy is cut to fit with the SIM tray on your iPhone, or you can buy it directly from the carrier’s official store in Indonesia.
But for that, you don’t have to worry too much, because the SIM card provider has now made the size, which only needs to be removed in accordance with the needs of the tray on the iPhone you are using.
To open the tray, use an ejector SIM card, but if you don’t have one, you can use a paper clip end. Then insert and push into the hole provided, then push gently until the tray is opened.
To replace a SIM card, iPhone does not need to be turned off first. But there is nothing wrong if you want to turn off the iPhone first.
3. Create an Apple ID
Here’s an easy way to create an Apple ID:
- Open the App Store app.
- Choose one of the free applications
- Press “Allow” next to the item, then click again to allow.
- When asked to sign in with your Apple ID, click Create New Apple ID.
4. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer
There are two steps that I would consider when you are going to install the latest version of iTunes, namely via PC or laptop using Mac and Windows.
Installing the latest version of iTunes will make it easier for you to sync on your iOS device. This is a review:
How to get the latest version of iTunes on Mac
- Open the app store
- Click Updates at the top of the window.
- If a macOS or iTunes update is available, click Install.
How to get the latest version of iTunes on Windows
- Open iTunes
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, select Help> Check for Updates.
- If it doesn’t ask you to install the latest version of iTunes, it means you have already installed the latest version of iTunes.
- If asked to install, you can follow the notice
How to Check your iPhone version
If you are not sure of the iPhone version, even if you bought it from an official distributor, you can check the iPhone version by going to Settings> General> About> check the iPhone version.
How to Import contacts to iPhone
If you want to import contacts, go to Settings> Mail> Contacts> Calendar and tap “Import contacts from SIM card” located at the bottom of the screen.
How to Download the app from the App Store
Go to the App Store and download apps, games, and anything else you want.
5. How to activate iPhone
The first thing to consider is to make sure you are connected to the internet. The activation process is as follows:
- On the Welcome screen, press the Home button.
- Country/region options will appear
- Turn on location to enable feature support
- Turn on Touch ID (you can skip these steps)
- Navigate to the “Restore” option (for those of you who have already used an iPhone), but new users can go through this process.
- Sign in with your Apple ID (or sign up for one you don’t have)
- Siri application settings (you can skip these steps)
- When done, you just need to wait for the activation process to complete.
- For reference, this activation process may be different on each iPhone device or iOS version.
6. IOS device settings and sync
First, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. And connect your device to the computer using the USB cable that will appear in the iTunes window.
The whole process of syncing iOS devices is done through iTunes via PC or laptop. After connecting, you can do whatever you want.
For example, install applications, and insert songs, videos, or other files. This includes performing a backup process or setting up the configuration, and restoring before reformatting the device.
6. ICloud configuration
iCloud is a cloud service offered by Apple for its devices. With iCloud, you can sync your iOS device with PC, such as installing apps, inserting songs, videos, or other files.
The setup process is as follows: Go to Settings> iCloud> select the options you want to enable such as Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Safari, Notes, Passbook, Keychain Access, Photos, Documents & Data, and Find My iPhone.
Do not forget to Install Fingerprint Security and Find My iPhone.
We will look at two main security features, namely the fingerprint scanner feature that works with Touch ID and the Find My iPhone feature.
By enabling these two features, you are guaranteed to securely protect your personal data. Here are the steps:
1. Fingerprint or Touch ID settings
Apple calls the fingerprint scanning feature and Touch ID, but the process for using it is not very different with Android devices. The steps are:
- Make sure you have created a password on your device
- Then go to Settings> Touch ID & Passcode, enter your passcode.
- Select Add Fingerprint
- Touch and hold the Home button with your finger until it vibrates or a notification appears.
- Gently turn your finger to the home button.
- Hold your device when you are opening it, then tap the home button on the outside of the tip of your finger, not in the middle.
2. Find my iPhone Settings
This feature is useful for tracking a lost iPhone remotely using a remote control. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings> iCloud.
- Scroll down and select Find my iPhone.
- Enable “Find My iPhone” and “Send Last Location”
- If asked to sign in, enter your Apple ID
How easy, right? In addition to the above configuration, you can also find some other feature settings. However, with frequent work, you will be able to open and explore them on your own.
It should also be noted that the above steps are a basic method that can be followed on any iPhone model, but of course, the latest models will have other systems, such as new features or different locations from the settings menu.
But in general, the settings are not much different. If you are still confused and afraid to make a mistake, you can visit the official Apple web page to see all the user manuals for your iPhone model.
That is our article 6 Simple Steps to Use Iphone for Beginner.