Proverb and Riddle in English
Pada kesempatan kali ini sangkolan.com akan membahas mengenai Proverb and Riddle in English. Proverb and Riddle biasanya menjadi materi keempat setelah materi Factual Report Text pada Pelajaran Bahasa dan Sastra Inggris Kelas X IPA maupun IPS.
Di bawah ini akan dikupas tuntas mengenai Proverb and Riddle, semoga bisa bermanfaat.
|Proverb and Riddle in English|
Proverb is a collection of wise sayings in a certain culture that offer advice about how to live your life. It\’s good to know the really common English proverbs because you hear them come up in conversation all the time. Sometimes people say the entire proverb to give advice to a friend, Leaning proverbs can also help you to understand the way people in English-speaking cultures think about the world. Proverbs can also give you good example of sentences of which you can memorize and use as models in building your own sentences.
Kinds of Proverbs
1. Aphorism (Pepatah): this proverb offer advice.
Don\’t go too far in small. (Persoalan kecil jangan dibesar- besarkan.)
2. Parable (Perumpamaan): this proverb has a moral lesson and has parable. Example:
To carry coals to New Castle. (Bagaimembuanggaramkelaut.)
3. Slogan (Pameo): this proverb gives spirit or motivation.
• Early bird gets worm. (Tuhan akan memberikan rezeki kepada makhluk- Nya yang lebih dulu bangun)
• Diligence is the mistress of success. (Kerajinan pangkal kesuksesan.)
4. Idiom: it is a phrase that has group of words with a different meaning from the meaning of all the individual word.
• Pull your sock up. (Improve your behaviour.)
• Don\’t mention it. (You\’re wolcome.)
A riddle is a type of poetry that describes something without actually naming what it is, leaving the reader to guess. It is a light hearted type of poetry which involves the reader. Riddles can be about anything, from riddles about animals to riddles about objects. There are no rules on how to structure a riddle poem, a riddle can be funny or it can be rhyme, it depends on the person writing the riddle.
1. \”It\’s an animal. It\’s an orange black. It has stripes. It has four paws. It lives in the jungle.\” What is it? The answer is a lion.
2. \”Three eyes have I, all in a row; when the red one opens, all freeze.\” The answer is traffic light.
3. Example of Rhyming Riddle
\”I come in different style.
I can help you walk for miles.
Come in pair.
I\’m something what you wear.
With heels I\’m glam\”.
Can you guest what I am?
I am a pair shoes.
A riddle is a statement, question, or phrase that has a double meaning. It is an amusing game for children and adults. Today, riddle aren\’t used as much as they were in ancient times, but they remain a definite way to get your mind working.
• When someone uses a riddle, it can be a thought of provoking challenge to figure it out on your own, or it can be a funny comment that makes you laugh. Riddles can be great brain busters or conversation starters to get you think. Riddle games have been played since times, and are still being played today.
• Riddles have significant roles. They include roles that may be described as cultural, educative, intellectual, ideological, cosmological, and political. Riddles teach logic about the social and cultural environment, social norms, history, biology, and much more.
• Riddles can help in memory training for children as they are expected and encouraged to remember the correct answers to the riddles. Riddles also can help to introduce a variety of vocabularies. They álso provide opportunities to play phonetic, morphological, grammatical, and semantic games as they exhibit a variety of linguistic expressions and structure. In conclusion, riddles have a role in the education of communities and in development of analytical thinking lies the fact that the answer to the riddle is already known to the audience.
Demikian artikel sangkolan kali ini mengenai Proverb and Riddle in English. Semoga informasi tersebut bisa bermanfaat bagi kita semua.
Silahkan tinggalkan komentar apabila ada pertanyaan yang ingin diajukan.